Sunday, October 18, 2009

I am back

I took a very, very long break from this blog. I am trying again to write more often. My goal is to help people, and share the wisdom I have acquired along the way.

Many of my clients have the same issue. It is feeling negativity, focusing on negativity, focusing on what they don't want.

They watch the new, and read the paper. They talk to every person they see about the horrors they learned about. They complain.

One of my clients is a woman we will simply call Joan, which is not her name, she has given me permission to share her story. Joan spent her first session telling me how tired she was, that she tried online dating and was matched up with 'losers', she was mad at her parents for being poor, and favoring her brother. She felt that she was ugly, she hated her job, she was jealous all of her acquaintances and friends.

She was taking a class to better herself, but focused on why it made her life worse. How she never had time for grocery shopping. She was jealous of others that pampered themselves. She pinched pennies. She ate horrible, spent her weekends in bars, was underweight with dark circles under her eyes.

She really hated herself. I knew she wouldn't be open to what I had to say, but I told her how to improve her life. She told me it was bs and left.

The following week she came in for another session, and begin to complain again.

I stopped her. I looked into her eyes and told her she was worth loving, and she started crying.

Stay tuned for the rest of the story.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Earth Day and positive energy to you! Check out my giveaway http://thebutterflymom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Bright blessings! I am grateful for you comment.